Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rex Ray







I really like Rex Ray's work. I am going to go buy his new book 'Art + Design'. When I was looking up the book online I came across this great video describing how he came up with his distinct style. Having studied and worked in graphic design just long enough to recognize all the things that make it very difficult to stay invested in, I really appreciated his description of his personal journey to where he is today. View Video Here




He reminds me of an artists that I found inspiring back when I was in art school...Beatriz Milhazes. There are a lot of similarities in their work. I can't remember how I came across Beatriz's work. I think she may have been featured at the UCLA Hammer Museum at some point. I hope to see her come out with a book at some point...



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin