Thursday, July 9, 2009

Project Make Shit

I have been short on life inspiration lately. I am quite a workaholic, because I love the biz and solving problems. When you work in the digital world though - this results in a huge hole when it comes to the down to earth, use your hands, feed your soul type of stuff - especially for someone like me who loves creating things with my hands but can't seem to find the time. So begins project fill the hole/soul - or the less depressing want to kill myself alternative - project make shit. So I've made a commitment to make more with my hands. I am working on a list of all the I want to learn to do, make, create over the next 5 years. A bit of a 30 before I'm 30 list... Working on the final version of the list, but will post it in the side bar when complete.

For my first do, make, create commitment - block printing! Or the less sexy reality - rubber stamp making. Yipee.

So here are a few pics of my rubber stamp making process. The key has a long story which I will explain at some point in the future I'm sure - but it very likely will make itself onto my future wedding invitations, with my future husband who is (hopefully) my current boyfriend, currently.

Over and out.

(Let me apologize in advance for the crappy iPhone pics - but you'll get the idea of my fabulous post work craft experience)








No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin